Analyst, Licensing Operations
This role as a dynamic Operations Analyst is to provide timely reporting, reconciliation and analysis for various incentive rebate programs. This role acts as a subject matter expert for fee management and licensing analysis. Additionally, the role will be responsible to help drive process improvements and coordination for the Licensing Operations Department.
To realize our vision of delivering world class customer service that is simple, efficient and cost-effective, we're hiring a Licensing Operations Analyst to help us drive the best quality operational process and reporting analysis for our internal and external customers. The primary reason this role exists is to maximize profitability and create scale across many vendor incentive programs. The capabilities realized to intake, scale, create rigor as well as monitor and control process workflows ensures we can continue to support the organizations targeted GTM strategies focused on the expansion of cloud managed servivces.
Your mission as a Licensing Operations Analyst at Softchoice—should you choose to accept – is to manage the overall rebate structure readiness for the various incentive rebate programs. Acting as a Coordinator, a secondary focus is around driving process improvements within the department, possessing the curiosity to explore new and exciting tools to drive success and operational efficacy for the business.
The main objectives (4) for the successful incumbent are:
- Ensure the current organization-wide revenue recognition processes are on target, documented and maintained, through the tactical execution of daily functions.
- Identify reporting gaps or areas where relevant reporting exists outside of licensing scope, and take steps to consolidate.
- Compilation and optimization of monthly licensing and vendor scorecards, using data analytics tools and techniques. Suggesting recommendations based on trending and root-cause analysis is a prime directive for Senior management.
- We're looking for an individual with a can-do attitude possessing the learning agility to think nimbly in order to find creative qualitative and quantitative solutions.
We’re looking for people who will:
- Have a high level of commitment to producing exceptional data models and clean reporting deliverables.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment with competing tasks on-the-go.
- Can effectively diagnose and solve problems independently.
- Are experts while working within cross functional teams, specifically to gain buy-in from various stakeholder levels.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Data Analytics platforms (Power BI, SAP Business Intelligence) to reporting and dash-boarding.
- Are proficient in the Windows 10 Microsoft Office suite, including O365 programs.
- Exposure and/or interest to learn basic VB coding, Access and SQL data structures.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- A minimum of 1 year related experience in Business Analysis or similar role.
- Strong data mining and dash-boarding skills -- you're known as a 'data analytics wiz'.
- Previous experience or strong desire to learn new platforms, tools and techniques for data analysis and recommendation analysis.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Proven problem-solver and analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 12 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!