Accounts Receivable Representative
As the Accounts Receivable Representative you will be securing the revenue that is generated by our sales organization. Building strong customer relationships are the key to your success. The positive interaction and the strong connection you have with the customer will bring them back to us.
Your mission as an Accounts Receivable Representative at Softchoice – should you choose to accept - is….
- Contact Softchoice business-to-business (B2B) customers via phone/fax/email to discuss outstanding invoices and billing issues (heavy focus on phone contact).
- Manage a collections portfolio ranging from 300-600 accounts (focused on a Canadian and/or US territory of accounts). Suggested activity of approximately 40 outbound calls per day. Negotiate customer payment terms as needed based on assessment of account status to ensure maximum payment recovery for Softchoice.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer accounts and champion Softchoice's receivable policy - balance receivable expectations appropriately with each individual customer account.
- Work with Softchoice internal sales reps to pro-actively troubleshoot payment issues (i.e. invoicing, pricing, product/service issues).
- Document and track collections activity and work from a monthly aging report.
- Manage to individual and department monthly receivable targets.
- Are able to reconcile their accounts regularly
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Completed College Diploma (Accounting or Finance related preferred).
- 2-3 years of corporate (B2B) collections experience focused on medium to enterprise level customers.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should possess similar experience managing a portfolio of accounts.
- Experience with the AR escalation process and taking initiative to resolve account issues (working with sales when necessary).
- Good basic understanding of fundamental accounting principles an asset so as to perform accounts reconciliation. Customer service oriented.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills (spreadsheets) required.
- Demonstrated success working in a team-oriented environment.
- 2 years’ experience in the technology industry….
- Energetic with a positive attitude.
- Assertive professional demeanor.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced IT sales environment.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are 11 reasons why folks love working here!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- We have an onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. *AODA
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!