Accounts Payable Coordinator - 4 Month Winter Co-op
Accounts Payable Coordinator – 4 Month Winter Co-op
The successful co-op will be responsible for ensuring all supplier invoices are recorded accurately in Oracle Payables for payment within SCC terms, while meeting all the internal control requirements for approval, coding and processing invoices. They will also ensure that vendor accounts are reconciled, outstanding issues investigated and resolved, and payments are complete and up to date to ensure Softchoice maintains positive vendor relationships at all time. As our Accounts Payable Coordinator Co-op, you will be responsible for:
- Matching invoices to corresponding purchase orders and keying in supplier invoices into Oracles Payables
- Preparing vendor reconciliations at period end for key accounts by the required deadlines
- Reviewing vendor statement on a regular basis. Following-up with vendors to investigate and resolve outstanding issues on account greater than 30 days.
- Recovering refunds for all credits on accounts
- Managing the accrued inventory listing for designated accounts to ensure timely booking of purchases
- Investigating variances relating to processing of supplier invoices with vendors and/or internal departments
- Maintaining positive communication with vendors to ensure accounts issues are addressed, reconciled and resolved
- Responding to all email and phone inquiries in a timely manner
- General AP duties: open and sorting mail, filing of processed invoices, organizing files for storage.
- Helping to answer AP phone line.
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- Currently enrolled in a Finance or Accounting related program at the Junior or Intermediate level with a Co-op option
- Academic or work experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and communication skills
- The ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- A self-starter mindset who is able manage time well within a fast paced environment
- Previous work experience in an accounting environment is a nice to have
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply for the position: If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true; please take a moment to apply within your University/College.
In addition, please apply online at http://www.softchoice.com/careers. If your experience matches with our current needs, our friendly Campus Talent Advisor will be in touch with you!
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!