Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Location: Red Lake, Ontario
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently, we are seeking a Warehouse Technician in Red Lake Ontario who will be responsible for shipments (incoming and outgoing) with respect to proper identification, good quality, safe handling, proper packaging and storage of materials in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with shipping & receiving unloaded & loaded trucks, checks in & out materials and stores in the appropriate location.
- Applies high focus on proper identification of items, proper quantities, proper tagging for end users, etc.
- Report any discrepancies through our LPS (Logistics Process System).
- Files appropriate documentation.
- Processes sales orders and invoices in accordance with company process.
- Updates and maintains warehouse location system.
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventory.
- Works with PSSRs to adjust local stock requirements from the business analysis.
- Interact with customer to gather information in regards to material needs on a daily or weekly basis.
- Prepares export documentation as required.
- Maintains shipping supplies inventory.
- Arranges shipping/transport.
- Accepts/rejects vendor inventory transactions.
- Builds sound relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Participates in customer on-call service as required
- Expedites urgent orders to ensure the customer receives when needed.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and/or near misses.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly warehouse and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Completion of Secondary School (High-school) or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months related experience
- Valid forklift and crane certification
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Computer literacy
- Developed organizational and time management skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job opening # 350797. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.