Bilingual Product Line Support Specialist (Crushing & Screening)
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Product Line Support Specialist (Crushing & Screening)
Location: Chateauguay, QC
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT)is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we have an opening for a Product Line Support Specialist located in Chateauguay, QC and will be required to travel more than 50% within the assigned territory.
The Product Line Support Specialist will work alongside the Product Line Support Manager to present the product line within the sales area. This includes people and distributor management, sales and profitability of the product line and ensuring local implementation of global product line focus areas and measurements. The role is also responsible for the technical, application and commercial support for the product line(s) sales area.
- Collect and supply information and inventions for Product Development to product area
- Create pipeline of opportunities to generate short and long term business opportunities
- Identify and develop key strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Engage and support Sales Area frontline via technical and commercial outcomes
- Compile & deliver technically and commercially quote & bid packages
- Support Aftermarket parts and service business
- Keep up to date with competition activities and ensure market competitiveness
- Collect and maintain market data of own and competitors activities
- Provide relevant external/internal training (application, technical, soft skills etc)
- Ensure technical sales support within the product line(s)
- Suggest and evaluate distributors, in cooperation with dealer manager if applicable
- Implement global strategies/initiatives into the product line in the sales area
- Communication with other Product Line Managers and Sales Areas for leveraged experience
- Communicate business activity through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Identify and implement value add opportunities with customers
- Liaises between Customers and SMRT to ensure all issues are settled in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and secures specialized resources in line with customer requirements.
- Provides the Company with regular status reports on business activities, opportunity development and overall satisfaction of the Customers base.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work practices.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Ensures team reports are working in a safe manner and following Company Policies and Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical diploma with relevant sales/business management experience
- 3 + years’ experience within the crushing and screening product line, sales and people management is an asset
- 2+ years’ experience with Mining, Construction and Engineering customers through project/operation cycle is an asset
- Relevant geographical market experience
- Strong knowledge of the mining & construction industry
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of the Crushing & Screening product line
- Strong product simulation skills (Plant Designer preferred)
- Excellent application of computer software (MS Office, Outlook)
- Strong Technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and French)
- Ability to lead and work as part of an integrated team
- Willingness and ability to travel >50% mostly within Canada, and internationally as required
- Valid driver’s license and passport for travel
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careersto job opening # 351658. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.