Technician, Field Support (Consumer Electronics)
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Technician, Field Support - Consumer Electronics (CE)
Provide Authorized Service Centers (ASC's) with technical support for all Samsung Canada Consumer products (over the phone or through on-site visits) but primarily supporting the CE ASC’s. Ensure that the ASC network provides best in class service for Samsung Consumers and Retailers. Develop and perform CE service training programs and deliver to the service network on a National scale. Ensure that all the necessary product technical requirements are made available to our retail partners as requested.
- Provides technical support to Authorized Service Centers thru tel., email, SAW & fax.
- Provides parts information to ASC technicians.
- Inspection & Evaluation – inspect & troubleshoot critical symptoms on defective units from ASC.
- Provides service manuals/Service Bulletin Information to ASC. Update service manual & bulletin database.
- Conducts Online (STELS) & Hands-On Technical Training for Authorized Service Centers.
- Deal with the day to day higher level issues that need to be resolved for the ASC’s and Retailers like London Drugs , Leons , 2001 Audio Video and Best Buy just to name a few.
- Develop programs and processes that will ensure ASC Service Support calls are consistently handled more effectively and the overall quality of the repairs are increased to industry benchmark levels.
- Ensure that all CE Service KPI’s are met as mandated by HQ.
- Reduce the overall CE service expenses while simultaneously improving repair quality and customer service.
- Perform miscellaneous customer service and technical support duties assigned by Senior Management.
- Traveling to the homes or sites of consumers to provide on-site service.
- Access to new product information and products for use as samples for training and with assisting the ASC’s.
- Managing quality issues when resolutions are not in place.
- Lifting and or moving of heavy equipment (primarily Televisions and Home Audio Equipment). Heavy lifting is required when servicing these products or providing hands on training on these products.
- At times having to deal with difficult and demanding consumers and retail partners.
- Ability to achieve difficult KPI’s by gaining the consistent support and cooperation of the 3rd party service network.
- Access to detailed “repair type” information, by product and inquiry. Useful to action issues that will reduce the number of service calls and increase customer satisfaction.
Above average customer service skills. Good negotiating skills. Technically inclined. Motivated with excellent time management skills.
3-5 years experience as technical trainer, product support specialist, or as a field or lab technician preferred.
3-5 years of technical support experience with Consumer Electronic products preferred.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.