Sr. Specialist, Business Planning - Mobile
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Sr. Specialist, Business Planning - Mobile
The incumbent is responsible to support development and implementation of quarterly and annual business plans within the mobile handset channel. As Sr. Specialist, Mobile Planning, you will be responsible for continuously evaluating the channel dynamics in efforts to identify issues and opportunities for improved business growth within the Mobile portfolio. This position will collaboratively work with Product Marketing, Sales, and Supply Chain Management organizations to manage execution of key performance measures that are both financial and non-financial and are in line with MBO targets. Continuous and frequent liaison with HQ and Key Customers will improve visibility to central initiatives as well as enhance HQ awareness of SECA market conditions. Liaison activities will be through teleconferencing, formal presentations, and ad-hoc reports as required.
The individual must be able to proactively think ahead, and operate in advance of the immediate operating window of the sales and marketing teams. They need to sense the marketplace and use research, industry and GBU contacts, to develop and facilitate a course of action. The role will also support the planning process for HHP, set objectives and actions across the channel and internal sales teams, designing a coherent and measurable set of initiatives, inclusive of market share objectives.
- Build M/S targets by account based on historical performance, business environment and competitive intelligence for both Sell-In and Sell-out in units and revenue.
- Actively work with industry experts (IDC, SA).
- Interacts with market, industry, partner and internal contacts to create a qualitative and quantitative view of the market segment.
- Creates and publishes the annual, quarterly and monthly plans that support mobile business. Works cross functionally to create plans that are ahead of the current operating cycle, which then become the operating plan for this segment.
- Analyses industry trends, competitor activity, and channel performance within the mobile industry.
- Collaborate directly with key customers to share sell out performance and future targets. Exchange market information to better define Samsung performance.
- Support Mobile strategy development through market analysis, risk assessment, and facilitation of ideation discussions for longer term direction.
- Defines results reporting process and manages the weekly/monthly/quarterly requirements based on Samsung defined KPI’s.
- Communicates on a weekly basis with HQ / CAMs to share results and seek related support for SECA Mobile requests
- Subject matter expert on key operational KPIs and adherence to company guidelines and policies, as required.
- Assists Sales teams on contractual matters affecting business partners or customers.
- Program Ownership
- May manage/evaluate SD or MDF based programs to assess ROI.
- Support compliance requirements in accordance with SECA policy for this channel (i.e. contractual, PUMI, MOA,… as required)
- University degree in Business and MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Marketing, Business Operations, or Product management
- Proficiency in the use of computer data-mining and spreadsheet programs
- Demonstrated organizing, business planning, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to create business planning documents: presentations, pro forma models, trends analysis, description of key strategies, quantitative and qualitative analysis and objective setting
- Mobile phone/wireless industry knowledge required
- Bilingual Korean/English speaking an asset.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.