Events Specialist- Samsung Experience Stores (Contract)
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Events Specialist (Contract)
We are hiring an Events Specialist for a 12 month contract to manage and create new events for the Eaton Centre location that will attract consumers to visit our Samsung Experience Store and learn more about the suite of Samsung products across Mobile, Consumer Electronics and Digital Appliances.
Planning & Execution of Store Events – 75%
- Develop and execute retail events for Eaton Center Location
- Lead the development and execution of monthly calendar
- Liaise with Marketing Communications to ensure POP and digital content is coordinated for in-store support
- Drive events to increase in-store traffic and liaise with mall management to seek out opportunities
- Brief and direct agencies with regards to creation of events with support from Retail Marketing Manager
- Work with Product Managers to develop topics for events for all IM products as well as CE & DA portfolio of products
- Work with Store managers, District Managers and Area Managers to identify opportunities for improved processes within the branded retail environment
- Review execution results to ensure deficiencies are remedied quickly and ROI targets are achieved
Project Management & Budgeting – 15%
- Prepare and share retail events project plans & schedules with key stakeholders
- Lead and/or attend and participate in project status meetings involving project stakeholders
- Review and obtain stakeholder & legal approvals for all retail marketing support materials including respective landlords
- Prepare budgets, track and reconcile all related retail marketing expense in tandem with Finance prime for Retail Excellence
- Preparation of PUMI, PP, EO documentation for all retail events
- As assigned by the Retail Manager, manage and/or support special Retail Operations projects, and administrative tasks when required.
Retail Intelligence – 10%
- Stay informed of various trends for retail events happening in our industry or others
- Seek out and observe how other retailers execute their events
- Leverage the network of Samsung locations across the world to share best practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business or related field from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent experience in the telecommunications industry.
- In depth working knowledge of how to run retail events
- Working knowledge of the consumer electronics industry
- Should have working knowledge and understanding of general retail best practices
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preparation skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in retail
- Proven record of being part of team that creates events, have played a leadership role in those
- Organizational skills and time management are essential.
- Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.