Industrial Design Internship - Toys and Consumer Products
Sago Mini is looking for an intern to join our Toy and Consumer Products team. The intern will be a part of our fast growing kids app and toy company that focuses on quality and play. This intern will work with our design team, learn how to translate our brand into physical toys and consumer products and be introduced to the world of product development. They will gain insight into other aspects of the company; including app development, marketing, and operations.
- Completed a Bachelor of Industrial Design or are currently studying Industrial Design (must have already finished 3rd year)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Excellent graphic design skills for web and for print
- Conceptual and out of the box thinker - Great sketching skills that clearly communicate ideas
- Quick prototyping skills (cardboard mockups, foam prototypes, etc.) Also Important
- You are detail oriented and take pride in a job well done
- You appreciate clean and simple design and are up on the latest graphic and product trends
- You love noodling over how things could be made better, simpler, and more beautiful
- You are interested in toys and kids products and have pieces in your portfolio that reflect this
A Day with Sago Sago You starts by checking your email and following up on any requests from the marketing team for retailer assets.
- Help crop the images from last week's photoshoot so that they're ready for our webshop.
- Sit down with our product designers to review the latest production samples from China and take notes.
- Prepare the comment document for the factory so they know what changes need to be made.
- Prepare cardboard mockups to test size, functionality and play pattern of your own toy concept with kids.
- Run to the art supply store to pick up more spray glue, and other odds and ends.
The internship is full time and can run in conjunction with a school program. We are flexible on the terms but require a minimum three month commitment, and will consider up to one year. We offer compensation for our internships and the occasional free lunch.
Tell us why you want to work at Sago Mini and send a resume, cover letter and samples of your work to email@example.com.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org