Student Employment Program
All students work with a team of professionals, making real contributions toward achieving company goals and objectives.
We offer a rewarding work environment where students benefit from the following:
- Mentoring by experienced professionals
- Production challenges and responsibility
- Exposure to different groups across the company
- Increasing exposure to real-world energy exploration
- Opportunity for permanent employment with a Global energy leader
- Invaluable hands-on experiences and the ability to apply your academic knowledge
- Field Trips, training & more
- Senior audience & career guidance
- 4, 8 and 12 month work terms available
- Rotations through key developmental areas
Ongoing mentorship and feedback are provided from the outset of each student's work term, when goals and objectives are set.
Who do we hire?
We target the following disciplines:
- Geology & Geophysics
- Information Technology
- Petroleum Land Management
- HSE & Environmental Sciences
- Legal, Corporate Affairs & Communications
- Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum)
- Business (Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Tax)
Various training opportunities are available throughout each work-term. Each student's training program is dependent on his or her area of study and assigned projects.
Training opportunities include:
- Software application training
- Introduction to the Petroleum Industry
- Field orientation in drilling, completion or production activities
- Engineering Students: Well testing, reserves evaluation, reservoir engineering, log interpretation, directional drilling
- Geology and Geophysics Students: Log interpretation and drill stem testing. Students participate in carbonate and clastic field trips
We offer competitive student compensation that recognizes their contributions to achieving our business success. Repsol Oil and Gas Canada Inc. also offers a relocation program to ensure that all students who move to join our business, or who transfer to a new location, do not incur extraneous expenses.