Repsol is an integrated global energy company with extensive sector experience, with a diverse team of more than 27,000 employees. Our way of doing things is based on our corporate values that bring us together and motivate us to work respectfully and ahead of schedule. Furthermore, we help our employees achieve their professional goals by offering long-term development opportunities in a unique work environment.
Repsol in Canada formerly known as Talisman Energy Inc. is located in Calgary with two field offices in Chauvin and Edson. We are present along the entire value chain integrating upstream and downstream activities, and working to offer the best energy solutions for society and the planet. We operate in the areas with the most energy potential around the world, and have one of the most efficient refining systems in Europe.
Job title: Geophysicist Student
Start date: May 2018
Term Length: 4 months
Employment type: Student
If you are interested in hands-on experience and exciting work, we are currently recruiting B.Sc. and MSc. geophysics students for 8 month work terms starting in May of 2018 in Calgary.
Depending on the group you are assigned to, your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Evaluating Repsol’s producing properties, undeveloped land, and/or new exploration opportunities
- Interpreting 2D and/or 3D seismic datasets
- Generating synthetic seismograms to tie well data to seismic
- Building time-structure maps as well as depth maps
- Seismic attribute analysis
- Modeling and interpreting micro-seismic data
- Providing recommendations for drilling locations as well as regional mapping and play generation
Each student will work as a member of a technical team that includes geologists, geophysicists, technologists, engineers and landmen. As part of your summer experience, you will also have the opportunity to participate in geophysical courses and field trips.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- You are entering in to the third or fourth year of an undergraduate Geophysics degree program or first year of a Masters Geophysics program
- Ability to evaluate a diverse array of technical and strategic topics
- Strong project management skills, including scoping, analysis and execution
- Detail-oriented, a strong analytical background and possess the ability to produce accurate results
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of Products
- Demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm for the oil and gas industry
- Ability for strong written and oral communication skills with a variety of technical and non-technical staff
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Professional conduct is fundamental to success in this position
- Proven organizational and time management skills
Repsol’s student employment program also offers the following advantages:
- Mentoring by experienced professionals
- Increasing levels of challenge and responsibility as skill and industry knowledge grow
- The opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply your academic knowledge
- Exposure to different technical groups across the company
- Technical and software training
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
- Successful candidate(s) will be required to provide references and complete a criminal background check (and/or credit check, if deemed applicable) for all student positions.
Please upload the following documents with your application and make sure that you title each document with your name:
- Cover Letter
Only the applications with an unofficial transcript attached will be considered.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process