January 2017 Student Engineer
Repsol is an integrated global energy company with extensive sector experience, with a diverse team of more than 27,000 employees. Our way of doing things is based on our corporate values that bring us together and motivate us to work respectfully and ahead of schedule. Furthermore, we help our employees achieve their professional goals by offering long-term development opportunities in a unique work environment.
Repsol in Canada formerly known as Talisman Energy Inc. is located in Calgary with two field offices in Chauvin and Edson. We are present along the entire value chain integrating upstream and downstream activities, and working to offer the best energy solutions for society and the planet. We operate in the areas with the most energy potential around the world, and have one of the most efficient refining systems in Europe. Repsols student employment program also offers the following advantages:
Repsols student employment program also offers the following advantages:
- Mentoring by experienced professionals
- Increasing levels of challenge and responsibility as skill and industry knowledge grow
- The opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply your academic knowledge
- Exposure to different technical groups across the company
- Technical and software training
If you are interested in hands-on experience and exciting work, we are currently recruiting for engineering students for 8 month work terms starting in January 2017 in Calgary. Repsol hires engineering interns into many areas of our business, including Development Engineering, Drilling, Completions, and Operations. Details of the positions available will be discussed at the interview stage.
Depending on the group you are assigned to, your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Reserves studies and analysis
• Selection of drilling locations
• Government applications and regulatory approvals
• Economic and production decline analysis
• Pipeline operations monitoring
• Assessments for future pipeline and compressors
• Dealing with joint venture parties
• Assisting in budget preparation
You may also be exposed to gas plant and pipeline operations, reservoir and downhole operations and may visit locations in the field. There will be the opportunities to liaise with a variety of stakeholders, include drilling, completions, well testing and evaluation, facilities and field operations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• In the third or fourth of an Engineering post-secondary program, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum
• Ability to evaluate a diverse array of technical and strategic topics
• Strong project management skills, including scoping, analysis and execution
• Detail-oriented, a strong analytical background and possess the ability to produce accurate results
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of Products
• Demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm for the oil and gas industry
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a variety of technical and non-technical staff
• Able to work independently and within a team
• Professional conduct is fundamental to success in this position
• Proven organizational and time management skills
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
Please upload the following documents with your application and make sure that you title each document with your name:
• Resume (with Cover Letter as the front page)
• Unofficial Transcript
Only the applications with an unofficial transcript attached will be considered.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.