Redstone Agency is looking for a talented Event Planner to add to our roster of event and association experts.
Who we are:
Redstone is made up of dedicated, intelligent, and hard-working individuals. We are tech-savvy, digital- obsessed Millennials who are striving to make a positive IMPACT on the event and association industry. We believe in establishing and maintaining TRUST with our team members and clients. We strive to achieve ‘the best possible’, rejecting what is ‘simply acceptable’ in our mission to go the EXTRA MILE in everything we do.
At Redstone, we recognize that an organization’s success is completely dependent on the PEOPLE within in; that’s why we choose to only work with the very best.
What we do:
We are event and association management experts. Our mission is to drive growth in our clients’ organizations and make a positive impact in the communities they serve.
We identify and address areas of untapped potential in operations and management practices. We develop strong partnerships and integrate seamlessly with our clients’ teams to set the strategic direction of their organizations. We combine industry-leading methods and processes so our client organizations can thrive.
Our office is located in the trendy King West neighbourhood of downtown Toronto. We’re a new start up, with a small but mighty team, which means you will have a lot of responsibility, you’ll be challenged daily, and you’ll work side-by-side with the senior leadership as you learn and grow within our company. We’re steps from some of Toronto’s best fashion stores and restaurants but we also provide coffee and snacks daily. We have a progressive hours policy – you work when you are most productive and we understand the need to have a work-life blend, because we have that need too. We believe in professional development and attending industry events and we invest in our people and their education. We give our team 10% of their workweek to spend on projects they are passionate about – whether it’s for our company or for the industry at large.
We believe in the millennial generation and how valuable their contributions are to the workforce.
Who you are:
- You have excellent people management skills and are able to assess complications and difficulties and swiftly deal with them to ensure client satisfaction
- You believe in Redstone’s mission and our core values
- You have a university or college degree with experience in office administration, communications, project management and / or event management roles
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise, integrity and professionalism
- You have the ability to work independently but also work effectively in a team environment
- You have the ability to juggle priorities in a busy changing office environment, to balance multiple projects at once and adhere to strict deadlines
- You pay strong attention to detail
- You may have experience organizing meetings or events, but it is okay if you do not
- You have experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- You speak French as a bonus
- You have the ability to work outside of regular work hours as required
What you’ll do:
- Critical path development and execution
- Budgeting for client events where needed
- Conduct site inspections, prepare reports
- Source suppliers
- Event registration and on-going communication with event attendees
- Food & beverage planning
- Minute taking at meetings or during conference calls
- Attend or lead committee meetings, Board meetings, and conference calls when needed
- Volunteer management
- Securing all event supplies and ensuring all supplies are available on location for events
- Printed material coordination including coordination with graphic design team
- Risk management & contingency planning for all events
- Weekly/monthly reporting to clients and managers as needed
- Updating and maintaining databases (sponsorship, attendee, membership, etc.)
- E-blast coordination, call campaigns, other marketing initiatives as needed
- Website management
- Onsite event execution
- Manage or support various client projects, which include website redevelopment initiatives, creating social media strategies and execution, registration drives, marketing and communication initiatives, and more
- Coordination of client and Redstone projects to ensure on-time delivery and accuracy
- Create and manage event budgets
Marketing and Communications
- Content creation for various channels including industry publications, social media, blogs, and more
- Drafting press release announcements and creating both printed and electronic communications
- Research and grant writing
- Content management and content updates on website(s)
- Act as the main point of contact for all client needs, taking initiative in all cases
- Work closely with client contacts & Executive Director as needed
- Board / Committee meeting planning, minute taking and follow-up on actions items
- Execution of board initiatives and support where needed.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org