Resident Care Aide
In accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Manager, the Resident Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs of residents. Transports residents and performs clerical duties.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nurses Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
FORT NELSON COMMUNITY
Fort Nelson, located in the northernmost reaches of the Rocky Mountains, has magnificent scenery and landscapes. The country around Fort Nelson is enormous, which makes it worthwhile to spend a few days exploring the surrounding area. Take advantage of the terrific camping and hiking at local regional and provincial parks. Boat into wilderness areas like the Muskwa, Fort Nelson, Prophet, and Racing rivers, or enter the back country by ATV on designated routes, by horseback, or by snowmobile. Fort Nelson is one of British Columbia's wildest areas, therefore residents, industry, government, and conservationists have recognized the exceptional qualities of the Northern Rocky Mountain wilderness and have subsequently recommended part of the Fort Nelson area for special designation.