Registered Nurse/Psychiatry Nurse
In accordance with established hospital policies and procedures and Regional Mental health Services provides and co-ordinates nursing care to assigned patients consistent with current standards of Nursing practice and Best Practices.
- Current practicing membership with CRNBC/College Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC.
- Completion of post-diploma course work in psychiatric nursing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with DSM IV.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.