Registered Nurse, General Duty (Casual)
Reporting to the Site Manager, guided by the Vision and Values of the Northern health Authority, RNABC Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics, identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area approved Policies, Procedures, and Protocols.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- NRP and ACLS certification an asset.
- TNCC, ENCP, BTLS certification an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years experience on Medical, Maternity and Emergency Units. Advanced Critical Care and Maternity courses are an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It is British Columbia's entrance to the mighty Peace River Country and is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River area. The area is rich in oil, gas, coal and timber and the local resources and manufacturing industries reflect these assets. Ranching, tourism and the service sector round out Chetwynd's diversified economy