Registered Nurse, Diabetic Outpatient (Relief Full Time)
Provides an Education Program to improve and maintain the health of people with diabetes.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, registered with the C.R.N.B.C. and holds a current practicing membership.
- Completion of a recognized Diabetes Educator Course.
- Knows Standards of Nursing Practice in B.C. and code of Ethics for Nursing - CNA.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitor Instructor Certificate.
- Two (2) years experience in Medical Nursing. Preference given to applicants with previous diabetic teaching experience.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.