Registered Nurse, Community Cancer And Iv Therapy (Casual)
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Care Services, provides, coordinates and implements nursing care service such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, administration of chemotherapy and health promotion activities to cancer patients, in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures and philosophy at BC Cancer Agency. Plans, implements, delivers and evaluates programs and services in relation to - Intravenous Therapy assessment, education and treatment of patients of all ages who require IV Therapy; Education and support programs for those who care for patients requiring IV Therapy, and assist in clinical skills development of hospital and community based nurses.
- Graduate from approved School of Nursing.
- CNA Oncology Certification or eligibility.
- Current practicing registration with the CRNBC.
- Clinical experience, within the last 2 years, in an Oncology/Outpatient Chemotherapy adult setting or 3 years Acute Care nursing experience in a specialty care Unit is required.
- British Columbia Cancer Agency Chemotherapy Certification or equivalent Chemotherapy certification from a recognized Cancer Agency.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.