Registered Nurse (Casual)
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Resident Care, employees in this position provide professional, safe effective nursing that is in accordance with Continuing Care goals and objectives, to ensure that the resident's state of health reaches maximum level of function (health: state of physical, psychological and emotional well being, not merely absence of infirmity or disease).
- Graduate of a recognized registered nursing program.
- Current, practicing registration with CRNBC.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Current knowledge in the field of geriatric nursing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff, residents physicians and the public.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of professional groups.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.