Registered Nurse, Acute Care (Casual)
Reports to Director of Care and is guided by the Visions and Values of Northern Health, CRNBC Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics. Identifies, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social and psychological needs in accordance with established NH and BVDH policies and procedures. Practices as a member of the nursing team.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing program.
- Current practicing membership with CRNBC.
- Minimum one (1) years medical/surgical experience and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training is preferred.
- Current CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification or willingness to complete within 1 year is preferred.
- Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification is preferred.
Smithers is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges which provide a backdrop for the town's Alpine setting. The main industries include forestry, tourism, transportation and agriculture. Smithers offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle. Smithers offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The population of Smithers is approximately 5,414. There are three elementary schools, one secondary school and one alternate format school for grades 9 -12.