Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Reporting to the Head Nurse, the Operating Room nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Bulkley Valley District Hospital policies and accepted standards.
- Graduate of a recognized nursing program. Current, practicing registration with College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Post basic training and/or one year recent related clinical experience in an OR/PAR setting and/or one (1) year recent related clinical experience in a critical care area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the hospital.
- Participation in on-call rotation required.
- Current up-to-date immunization record.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check.
Smithers is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges which provide a backdrop for the town's Alpine setting. The main industries include forestry, tourism, transportation and agriculture. Smithers offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle. Smithers offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The population of Smithers is approximately 5,414. There are three elementary schools, one secondary school and one alternate format school for grades 9 -12.