Under the direction of the Community Services Manager, implements rehabilitation services to clients with developmental disabilities in the community including rehabilitation assessment, treatment and interventions, recommendations for specialized medical equipment and environmental modifications; education to caregivers and referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy from an approved school.
- Registered with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia and eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Two years experience in acute care, long term care facility or community setting
- Previous experience in providing services to clients with developmental disability is an asset
- Community experience and previous experience with assessment for specialized wheelchairs, seating systems and technical aids is an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid class 5 drivers license.
- Good communication and teaching skills.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC's Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings - this is a true outdoor person's paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.