To perform occupational therapy treatment within the Rehab department, on the wards, or in the community. Activity Coordinator Multilevel Care - To organize and implement a rehabilitative activity program for residents of the Multilevel Care Unit, in close cooperation with the activity aide, volunteer coordinator and interdisciplinary patient care team.
- A degree from a recognized school of Occupational Therapy.
- Membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists and B.C. College of Occupational Therapists.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Keen perception and good judgment.
- Ability to modify existing procedures when necessary, and to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to supervise.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC's inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit's opportunities in the area.