Mental Health & Addictions Clinician (Relief Full Time)
Under the direction of the Team Leader of Community Mental Health and Addiction Services for the Northern Health Authority, Smithers Area this position provides services to individuals living with serious mental illnesses, addictions issues or dual diagnosis. Design, implements, and monitors individual patient plans to maximize community functioning and reduce re-hospitalization. Works as a member of a multi-disciplinary community mental health and addictions team, acts as a consultant educator in the area of mental health and addictions and contributes to the development of community mental health and addictions programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work with three (3) years' experience in related service area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration with the Board of Registration for Social Workers in British Columbia.
- Dual diagnosis training is an asset.
- Valid BC drivers license, with access to a vehicle.
- Travel may be required, and you may be required to use own vehicle on NHA business.
Smithers is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges which provide a backdrop for the town's Alpine setting. The main industries include forestry, tourism, transportation and agriculture. Smithers offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle. Smithers offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The population of Smithers is approximately 5,414. There are three elementary schools, one secondary school and one alternate format school for grades 9 -12.