Licensed Practical Nurse (Relief Part Time)
Under the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator or designate, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing care and service to meet the needs of the residents in a home like setting. The LPN works collaboratively with residents, colleagues, families, visitors and volunteers to create a respectful, positive and home like environment. The LPN performs duties within the competency guidelines and standards of practice outlined by the College of LPN's of BC and the current legislative scope of practice in clinical areas such as urgent and ambulatory care, short stay beds that will involve palliative, respite and convalescent care and in a community health setting.
- Graduate of a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC).
- Level 1 Food Safe course.
- Current certification in CPR required.
- Recent related experience of a minimum two (2) years in a residential care and acute care setting is an asset.
- or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Houston, originally known as Pleasant Valley, was established in the early 1900s as a railroad tie-cutting centre for the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway. The Bulkley and Morice rivers meet at Houston, with legendary steelhead, spring and coho salmon runs that provide much of the recreation. The world's largest fly rod can be seen at Steelhead Park. The main industries are forestry, tourism and supply and service center. Houston offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle.