Licensed Practical Nurse (Casual)
Under the direction of the MH&A Team Leader or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures assists clients with the activities of daily living to promote maximum independence The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols.
- Graduate of a recognized practical nurse program or equivalent.
- Current, full licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC).
- One year recent related experience dealing with clients with mental illness.
- Familiarity with local community resources.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and is able to use own vehicle to transport clients.
- Food Safety courses, First Aid, and CPR preferred.
- Full Criminal Record check required.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.