ICU Registered Nurse
Under the direction of the Manager, Med/Surg; ICU; In-patients, is responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients presenting in the ICU Unit.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, registered with the C.R.N.B.C. and holds a current license to practice.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitor and Ventilator Certificates mandatory.
- In-house Coronary Care Course Certificate or equivalent.
- One (1) year full-time recent experience in intensive care.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special procedures and techniques such as I.V. infusions of medications.
- Demonstrated competency in using equipment and supplies in I.C.U. such as Cardiac Monitors, Blood Pressure and Oxygen Saturation Monitors and Electrocardiograph machines.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.