Home Care Nurse - Prince George (Casual)
Under the direction of the Community Services Coordinator, the position uses independence and initiative to plan, organize, implement and evaluate professional nursing care for clients of all ages with chronic, acute, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs in community settings. Services include: assessment, direct medical-surgical nursing care, case management, health teaching, support consultation, liaison and referral in a case management context; ensuring that the nursing model of client self care and health promotion framework is maintained; participates in the administration of all Acts and Regulations applicable to nursing functions; may assign care to and supervise other staff.
- BSN (preferred) or Nursing Diploma.
- BSN and two (2) years recent acute medical /surgical nursing experience.
- Nursing Diploma and three (3) years recent acute medical/ surgical nursing experience.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the province of British Columbia under the Registered Nurses Act.
- Class 5, B.C. Drivers License - will be required to provide own vehicle for work purposes.
- Previous community experience an asset.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC's Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings - this is a true outdoor person's paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.