Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Casual)
Under the direction of the Unit Manager of the Nurse in Charge of the Acute Care Unit, is responsible for the total nursing care rendered to the patients in her/his charge, and participation in the general activities of the Acute Care Unit. Work areas include Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, Maternity, Special Care, Palliative Care and Emergency Outpatients.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Previous experience in all levels of care.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate preferred.
- Previous experience in Maternity preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC’s inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit’s opportunities in the area.