COMMUNITY SPEECH PATHOLOGIST - QUESNEL (FULL TIME)
Under the direction of the Speech Program Lead, the position functions as Clinicians responsible for the delivery of speech and language services to the population that the incumbent serves. Responsibilities include providing clinical speech language services to the birth to Kindergarten entry population group (with limited services to adults), as well as consultative and educational services to educators, professionals and the community. In addition, this position may supervise program support staff. Qualifications - Masters degree in Speech Pathology from a recognized university program.
- Current registration within the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of B.C. to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist.
- One (1) year clinically related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply knowledge of all levels of the theoretical and practical clinical pediatric speech language pathology.
- Ability to create, support and monitor home speech and language programs.
- Ability to practice within a family focused service model.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world’s largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.