Community Health Worker (Casual)
Under the direction of the Field Supervisor/Coordinator, and clinical direction of the RN Field Supervisor or Clinical Leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed.
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
- Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
- Use of personal vehicle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.