CF Rideau Centre Student Ambassador
CF Rideau Centre Student Ambassador
Please include your Instagram and Twitter handles when applying for this position.
About the Program:
How would you like to represent one of Ottawa’s most iconic destinations for fashion and retail? North Strategic, in partnership with Cadillac Fairview, is looking for a team of fashion forward and outgoing University students in the Ottawa area that have an interest in retail and social media. North Strategic will be launching Cadillac Fairview’s first ever CF For Campus program and select students in this role will be responsible for assisting with the launch of this exciting new venture for Cadillac Fairview.
Cadillac Fairview’s portfolio features 19 shopping centres across Canada including CF Rideau Centre. As a fashion hub for the entire city, especially for university students living in Ottawa, CF Rideau Centre is committed to enhancing its relationship with students, which has led to the inception of CF For Campus program.
Your role will be acting as a Student Ambassador, promoting CF Rideau Centre and events around CF For Campus in a positive, professional manner in front of your fellow students. Primary duties will include promoting CF For Campus initiatives, which may include:
- Attending and promoting monthly events at the CF Rideau Centre
- Working with North Strategic to create monthly social media content for your profiles
This position should be considered part time (~15 hrs per month), with an honorarium issued at the beginning of Fall and Winter semesters. A mandatory training orientation will be held in Toronto during the week of either August 14th or 21st, so candidates should ensure that they will be available given at least 2 weeks’ notice of the finalized date.
The official contract of the position will run starting September 1, 2017 until April 30, 2018. Candidate selection will take place between July 24th and August 4th.
- Work with North Strategic to create social media content promoting CF For Campus messages/events
- Interact with fellow students and spread awareness for the CF For Campus program
- Attend monthly student focused events held at CF Rideau Centre
- Manage campus giveaways via social media channels
- Represent Cadillac Fairview and its retailers in a positive, professional manner throughout the school year
- Currently enrolled at University of Ottawa
- Frequent usage and strong understanding of major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Actively participates in groups or events held on campus
- Personable and enjoys interacting with people online and offline
- Goal orientated to achieve team and individual targets
- Self-motivated, work independently and incorporate feedback from peers
- Meet deadlines and deliver what is needed based on the request
- Would consider themselves fashionable and aware of industry trends
- Experience in retail, sales or event planning is considered an asset
About North Strategic:
North Strategic is Canada’s fastest-growing, national public relations and social media agency. In just five short years, North has grown to three offices across Canada with more than 60 full-time team members specialising in PR, social media, and content creation.
North is the only PR agency to be named to Marketing Magazine’s Top 10 agencies in Canada for three consecutive years, including a Top 3 finish in 2015. North was also recognized by the prestigious New York City-based Holmes Report as Canada’s PR Agency of the Year in 2015 and shortlisted for this year’s award. These achievements are a strong reinforcement of the work we do for our clients, but it is our unwavering commitment to our team – the people who create our award-winning content – that has positioned North as one of the most desired agencies to work for in Canada.
In responding to this position, please be sure to include your Instagram and Twitter handles (either in your cover letter or resume). For any further questions please contact:
Senior Account Manager, North Strategic