Software Framework Developer
Hiring for positions at junior and intermediate levels.
Are you passionate about technology, software and programming? Do you engage in side projects to discover and explore how to use technology in creative ways? Do you often find yourself peeling back the covers to find out how things work underneath? If so, consider joining our Server Framework R&D team and develop your career in a growing Canadian software company.
Here, on the Server Framework team, we don’t just use generic, off-the-shelf third-party frameworks and libraries. We build our own sophisticated, performance-critical and highly scalable distributed application framework that is geared to our specific and unique needs and requirements.
The 2 most important qualities we look for in developers are thirst for continuous learning and a high attention to detail. While specific skills are secondary to these qualities, a deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming / Design concepts is essential.
In addition, although not required, possession of the following is highly beneficial:
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical degree or diploma
- Previous experience (work or academic) with Java, C, C++ and/or C#
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithm design and runtime analysis
- Exposure to multi-threaded programming and concepts
- Experience with distributed client/server applications and architectures with emphasis on the backend
When joining the Server Framework team, you can expect to be exposed to the following (but not limited to) technologies:
- Java and J2EE technologies (Servlets, EJB, JCA) and application servers (JBoss, Websphere and our own custom implementation – NexJ Model Server)
- Web technologies including HTTP, TCP/IP and Web Services (SOAP/XML, REST/JSON)
- Relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2), SQL and O/R mapping concepts (our own custom Persistence Layer implementation)
- Functional programming using Scheme
When applying for this position, if you’re a new or recent graduate, in addition to you resume, please submit any educational transcripts (including undergraduate).
More about NexJ Systems:
NexJ builds powerful CRM software for enterprise clients in the financial industry. Our next-generation software based on Model Driven Engineering combines information from multiple applications and data sources to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the customer. As a result, some of the biggest financial firms in the world choose our products over competitors with the biggest names in the industry.
Working at NexJ gives you an opportunity to work on truly interesting and unique technological as well as business problems while the culture here promotes and encourages career growth and exploration. The opportunities available here are limited only by your own interests and motivation. And while we’re at it, we don’t forget to have fun with events like company-wide hack-a-thons, team outings and foosball and ping pong tournaments.
For more information, visit:
NexJ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process