Wellness Centre Summer Student
A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen is an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world’s most significant basins, including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and Western Canada. A wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen has three principal businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen is better positioned than ever to realize our central purpose – creating value by responsibly supplying the energy that fuels people’s lives. While ownership has changed, our purpose, values and principle-based approach to doing business, remain unaltered. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package and a healthy work-life balance, and training that will open doors to your future.
At Nexen, we have new graduate and student employee development programs that accelerate your career and allow you to step in, step up and stand out. During your work term, you will gain practical experience, develop technical skills to complement your academic learning, and gain exposure to future opportunities at Nexen. To be eligible for our co-op student program, you must be enrolled in a co-op/intern program sponsored by an accredited post-secondary institution.
Nexen's technical summer student program is aimed at students studying engineering, geology and geophysics. During this four-month work term, students are assigned specific projects which give them practical business experience and the opportunity to develop technical skills in their designated field of study.
Location & Business Unit Overview
• You may be eligible to receive relocation assistance.
Start Date: May 2, 2017;
Work Term Length: 4 months;
Eligibility: Students must be returning to their post-secondary institution after this work term;
Number of positions available: 1;
Business Unit: Corporate Services-Office Services;
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist onsite Wellness Centre mgmt. team;
• Know and understand the phone system as well as the Nexen organization. (Org chart, Exchange);
• Utilize administrative skills in the performance of office tasks involving use of independent judgment;
• Establish a positive relationship with all members through effective communication;
• Respond to members suggestions and/or forward them to the Manager/Program Coordinator;
• Supervise the Wellness Centre exercise area by maintaining a good rapport with members, overseeing proper use of equipment and exercise technique;
• Ensure member safety and that members adhere to policies and procedures;
• Demonstrate exercises and the safe, effective use of equipment;
• Ensure that the equipment is maintained in good working condition. Report any signs of malfunction or need for repair to the appropriate equipment company and notify the Manager/Program Coordinator;
• Adhere to Nexen Safety Programs and standards, and integrity programs by participating in designated training programs;
• Ensure accurate recording of member information and payment transactions;
• Protect confidential information by following policies and procedures set out for Wellness Centre staff;
• Weekly cleaning inspections;
• Assist on the summer newsletter;
• Create bi-weekly Wellness Centre safety reminders to be posted on the 80” screen & website;
• Assist with all equipment maintenance and repair requests;
• Prepare weekly ‘Staff Picks’ to be posted on the 80” screen & website;
• Conduct facility orientations;
• Provide complimentary exercise programs upon request.
• Eligible to work in Canada;
• Strong safety mindset;
• Motivation to achieve and exceed superior results;
• Strong obligation to accountability;
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills;
• Innovative with “can do” attitude;
• Values feedback as a learning tool;
• Ability to collaborate without boundaries and align with a team to achieve highest quality results;
• Strong computer applications knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Working knowledge of general office equipment;
• Working knowledge of PCs and data processing programs (MS Office);
• Knowledge of Company/Departmental rules, regulations, procedures and functions;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Professional appearance and presentation;
• Ability to work discreetly with confidential information and situations;
• Proactive with excellent judgment;
• Able to multitask, prioritize, work on schedule and within deadlines;
• Work and communicate as part of a team.
As part of your application, please ensure to:
• Indicate if you are available for the full work term;
• Include your GPA and expected graduation date;
• Upload your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcripts as one document.