SAP Security & Shared Services Co-op Student
A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen is an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world’s most significant basins, including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and Western Canada. A wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen has three principal businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, Nexen is better positioned than ever to realize our central purpose – creating value by responsibly supplying the energy that fuels people’s lives. While ownership has changed, our purpose, values and principle-based approach to doing business, remain unaltered. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package and a healthy work-life balance, and training that will open doors to your future.
At Nexen, we have new graduate and student employee development programs that accelerate your career and allow you to step in, step up and stand out. During your work term, you will gain practical experience, develop technical skills to complement your academic learning, and gain exposure to future opportunities at Nexen. To be eligible for our co-op student program, you must be enrolled in a co-op/intern program sponsored by an accredited post-secondary institution.
Location & Business Unit Overview
• You may be eligible to receive relocation assistance.
Start Date: January 2nd, 2017;
Work Term Length: 8 months;
Education: 3rd, or 4th year Business Undergrad, or Masters/PhD Business student;
Eligibility: Student must be enrolled in a formal co-op/internship program with their post-secondary institution;
Number of positions available: 1;
Business Unit: ITS-SaaS-SAP Security;
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Security and role management for SAP
- Utilizing the compliant user provisioning (CUP) tool to request SAP roles assignment for users
- Testing role functionality
- Assisting in the identification and follow-up of inactive SAP users
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of training documentation
- Publication of information bulletins on new functionality
- Troubleshooting application problems
- Maintaining Website and communication content
• Eligible to work in Canada;
• Strong safety mindset;
• Strong organizational skills to support education initiatives in a challenging environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with team members and business user groups at all levels of management;
• Customer service oriented;
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing conditions;
• Ability to work independently in a team environment;
• Motivation to achieve and exceed superior results;
• Strong obligation to accountability;
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills;
• Innovative with “can do” attitude;
• Values feedback as a learning tool;
• Ability to collaborate without boundaries and align with a team to achieve highest quality results;
• Strong computer applications knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Experience delivering training considered an asset.
As part of your application, please ensure to:
• Indicate if you are enrolled in a co-op or internship program;
• Include your co-op coordinator's contact information (name, email, phone);
• Indicate if you are available for the full work term;
• Include your GPA and expected graduation date;
• Upload your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcripts as one document.