Company: Angel Investors Ontario
Location: 325 Front Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 2Y1
Employment Status: Full-time
Education: University Bachelor’s Degree
Category: Program Coordinator
About Angel Investors Ontario
Angel Investors Ontario, a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE), is the Administrator of Ontario’s Angel Network Program on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Research, Innovation & Science. Since 2007 its mission has been to create and grow Angel investor groups for all the regions across the Province. Building the membership and spreading best practices of these groups creates a more potent combination of mentorship and capital for innovative start-up companies. As a member of Angel Investors Ontario’s team you will gain exposure to this unique investment ecosystem. You will be able to play a role in enabling early-stage financings for start-up companies.
The Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to work in the start-up space, meet and work with Angel investors to ensure the continued growth of Ontario’s Angel investing ecosystem. This individual will be very organized with strong organizational, written & verbal communication skills. The Program Coordinator will be involved in most projects undertaken by Angel Investors Ontario. He or she will be responsible for the smooth operations of the office, working closely with team to ensure ongoing organizational programs and initiatives are successful. They will be directly involved in the coordination of virtual programs, stakeholder engagement events and metrics collection & reporting. The Program Coordinator will report to the Vice-President (Operations & Business Development) and will assist her with the launch of new affinity investor groups, and industry-specific virtual networks in cleantech and other sectors.
This is a full-time position (35 hours/week) with benefits. Remuneration is commensurate with experience. Starting date is expected in May 2017.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator:
- Support the coordination of Angel Investors Ontario activities, designed to bring together Angels, Entrepreneurs and other stakeholders;
- Aid in the aggregation and management of Angel Group quarterly and annual financial and performance metrics;
- Coordinate and organize virtual joint screening sessions;
- Coordinate affinity group meetings and consultations;
- Assist the team with internal operations to ensure that goals and tasks are being met;
- Maintain documentation related to programs and events;
- Assist with the content development and distribution of materials for Board of Directors meetings, the Annual General Meeting, and stakeholder presentations;
- Respond to all phone and e-mail enquiries in a professional and timely manner;
- Manage office supplies, distribution mailings, and other office-related services;
- Additional tasks as may be required.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum two years of administration or coordination experience;
- Organized with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Must have the ability to work both independently and within a small team atmosphere;
- Self-motivated and independently driven;
- Strong skills in working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- An interest and knowledge of early-stage investment, entrepreneurship, innovation, economic development and/or not-for-profits an asset;
- Ability to speak French an asset.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to email@example.com, no later than Friday, April 7, 2017 before midnight.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org