Marketing, Design & Events Co-Op Student
Role: Marketing, Design & Events Co-Op Student
Company: Angel Investors Ontario
Location: 325 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario
Education: Currently enrolled in a Co-op Program
Category: Marketing & Events Management
About Angel Investors Ontario
Angel Investors Ontario, a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs, is the Administrator of Ontario’s Angel Network Program, on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation. Since 2007, its mission has been to create and grow non-profit Angel investor groups for all the regions of Ontario. Building the membership and best practices of these groups builds a more potent combination of mentorship and capital for innovative start-up companies in the province. As a member of the Angel Investors Ontario team, you will gain exposure to the unique Angel Investing ecosystem, and will have an opportunity to play a role in enabling early stage financing for start-up companies.
The Marketing, Design & Events Co-op Student will have the opportunity to work with Angel Groups and meet Angel investors and ecosystem partners to ensure the continued growth of Ontario’s Angel Investing ecosystem. This individual will have strong written and verbal communication skills with practical experience working with C-suite clients. The Marketing & Events Co-op Student will: be involved in all written and promotional aspects of the Annual Report publication and other promotional materials; assist with the development and execution of a social media strategy; assist event leads with the logistics and coordination of events and conference planning; and help to manage all ongoing formal communications with Angels, amongst other responsibilities. The candidate will report to the Marketing & Events Manager.
This is a full time (35 hours/week) internship for up to 15 weeks. Starting May 8, 2017 and ending August 18, 2017. Start and end times are flexible. The candidate will be provided with an honorarium of $2,500 at the end of the expected full term. Any pre-approved expenses incurred by the candidate will be reimbursed by Angel Investors Ontario.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create messaging, communications, and marketing materials to promote Angel investing to potential Angels and Entrepreneurs, as required;
- Assist with development of Angel Investors Ontario’s 2016/17 Annual Report publication;
- Aid in the planning and execution of Angel Investors Ontario events;
- Create and distribute monthly e-marketing newsletter;
- Assist with the development and management of social media content, ensuring that it is aligned with the Angel Investors Ontario brand;
- Provide basic website updates, as needed; and
- Assist with internal operations to ensure that goals and tasks are being met.
Skills & Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a co-operative education program and require a co-op placement or internship term for program completion;
- An interest and knowledge of early-stage investment, entrepreneurship, innovation, economic development and/or not-for-profits;
- Communications and marketing experience;
- Experience planning and coordinating events;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Must have the ability to work both independently and with a team;
- Proficient in current social media platforms;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office; and
- Proficient knowledge of graphic design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite) required; and
- Working knowledge of Mandarin an asset.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jacqueline@angelinvestorsontario.ca by Friday, April 7th, 2017 at midnight.
TalentEgg will send your application to: Jacqueline@angelinvestorsontario.ca