Sr. Category Manager, Packaging
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Sr. Category Manager - Packaging working in Toronto (close to international airport) you will be part of the Canadian Procurement Team. In this role you will be responsible for managing 3 - 7 categories of high to intermediate complexity within their local country/cluster; this includes using strategic sourcing principles such as spend analysis, RFx, reverse auctions, contract management and supplier management. In this role, you will also be accountable for the execution and development of Procurement operational activities for the provision of supply market analytical support. You will be required to assist the department to reach its goals through initiatives that minimize total end to end cost of ownership, deliver optimal value to category (s), and by identifying risks.
Additional accountability includes the development and execution of selected supply market sourcing strategies within the tactical acquisition markets.
This position reports to Emmanuel Paul, Category Lead Supply Chain Directs and works closely with Quality, Technical, Operations and Material Planning teams.
- Managing local / regional suppliers, including score-carding and actively monitoring KPI's.
- Responsible for creating and delivering category RO's on the national level.
- Responsible for managing category AOP cycle.
- Executes category strategy through local sourcing, buying and contract management.
- Provides information and operational support services to global procurement and to enable Category Managers to operate at optimum levels.
- To be actively involved in Procurement initiatives and projects, with the job holder supporting team efforts as well as achieving individual objectives.
- Span across sourcing operations / supplier relationship management / transformational business change, specific supply markets or an actual supplier project.
- Responsible for non-strategic critical supply markets within category, ensuring that, Procurement Methodology is executed throughout. This will require close communication with stakeholders and a need to build a good operational understanding.
- Responsible for cost savings initiatives and purchase price variance. Execute cost savings initiatives and analysing and reporting variances. Actively works with finance team to ensure cost savings, PPV files are maintained and updated at regular frequency.
- To be responsible for all negotiations and category management, along with supplier relationship management, ensuring supplier performance is continuously improved. Will also be responsible for gathering fact base and being the face of the supplier to internal stakeholders.
- Maintaining cost savings target of $1M-$2M per year. Responsible for assessing and managing category risks and opportunities on a country/cluster level.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Flexible work programs to ensure a work life balance is maintained
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- 2-4 years' relevant work experience. BA/BS or appropriate university degree required
- Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation / Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) - preferred
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing and/or beverage industry is desirable
- You have excellent strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiations skills and experience.
- You have strong project management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- You have effective written and oral communication skills, including presenting complex information to varied audiences
- You have a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- You are very analytical and have strong problem solving capabilities
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.