Shopper Insights Manager
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Shopper Insights Manager working in Toronto, Ontario you will be part of the Category Insights and Customer Solutions Team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and managing shopper research projects for both on-premise and retail, and building insights-based solutions for the business.
This position reports to Senior Manager, Insights - Sarah England, and works closely with the Category Solutions team as well as other internal stakeholders and business partners in key functions such as Consumer Insight, Marketing, Channel, Innovation and Sales.
- Be the internal expert in both On-Premise and Retail Shopper Insights and Channel Strategies.
- Commission and conduct shopper research across all channels and markets based on the Molson Coors Path to Purchase model
- Work independently with third party suppliers and internal cross-functional teams and agencies (advertising/promotional) to determine the best approaches/methodologies to address key stakeholder needs and drive business
- Analyze and report on research findings and data to develop business building insights that inspire action and support key business decisions
- Develop and share findings, opportunities and strategies to senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Develop compelling Customer facing stories to support programs and promotional brand initiatives as well as create Customer solutions based on shopper understanding and needs
- Planning responsibilities to include annual insights planning based on stakeholder and business objectives and developing detailed project plans for commissioned research
- Stay abreast of consumer/shopper/retail trends - summarizing/reporting to keep stakeholders informed of external factors that affect their programs and plans
- You have minimum (3) years of experience either on the buyer or supplier side in the area of Market Research in or working with a Consumer Packaged Goods or preferably in the Beverage Alcohol Industry
- You have in-depth experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies as well as leveraging secondary and syndicated sources
- You have proven solutions-building insights experience
- You have the ability totranslate research into action - translating robust market research and data into compelling, non-academic story-telling/soundbites that drive and inform business decisions
- You have strong communication skills both oral and written - articulate, persuasive, succinct - that can be tailored for different stakeholders and audiences
- You are well-organized and able to meet timelines efficiently while managing priorities
- You are resourceful and creative - able to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges which inevitably arise
- You have attention to detail and have high standards for yourself and your work
- You are adept at building and managing relationships across stakeholder groups
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- You have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
- As part of the interview process you will be expected to complete a short case study and provide examples of previous written work
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.