A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
Molson Coors Canada is currently recruiting for the next generation that will carry on Molson Coors Canada's proud tradition, we are currently in search of 3 Production Trainees to work in one of our many breweries located across Canada beginning in May 2018 (Montreal QC, Toronto ON, Vancouver BC).
The Molson Coors Canada Production Trainee Program is a robust two year program designed to give entry level graduates with an in-depth overview of Brewery operations. Over the course of the program you will train in three separate Breweries in the areas of: Brewing, Packaging, Quality Control, Technical Support, Maintenance, Logistics, Warehousing, and Engineering. Within the Production Trainee program you will receive formal training and developmental learning opportunities while gaining practical hands on-the-job experience.
Once you have completed your two year Training Program, you will write the International Brewing Guild exams, and a final people leadership role will be identified based on your skills and the needs of the business.
Success in this role requires a commitment to active on-the-job learning and relocation. In some instances you may need to apply yourself to learning and development opportunities over and above work hours.
These operational roles are highly sought after opportunities, and we trust that you will be committed to developing your career with Molson well beyond your entry level development roles.
- Two 1-year rotations in different breweries across Canada
- Assignment as a Team Leader / Staff Supervisor in Year 1 including a 4 week work term at the Moncton, New Brunswick Brewery.
- Assignment as a Project Leader in Year 2. This work will be closely aligned to Molson's World Class Manufacturing focused improvement methodology.
- Achieve deliverables as communicated within each cross functional assignment.
- Development and understanding of the beer industry and of technical (functional) skills through practical on the job experience in departmental assignments
- Development leadership skills and practical business acumen
- Successful completion of the technical Syllabus and International Brewing Guild exams
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- The things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and Tuition Reimbursement
- A commitment to employee career planning and development
The Other Qualifications
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering with preference to studies in Food Science, Chemistry, Micro or Chemical Engineering.
- You are a Top Tier recent graduate (minimum GPA of 3)
- You have the ability and desire to relocate within Canada. Training opportunities are available in all of our Breweries and placements are determined during the recruiting process;
- You demonstrate leadership potential through extra curricular and volunteer activities
- You are a team player with ability to work cross functionally
- You are an action oriented with strong problem solving and â€‹decision making abilities
- You must share Molson's Core values of Integrity & Respect, Excelling, Quality, Creativity, and Passion
- You demonstrate Molson's Success Factors with focus on Accountability for Results, Analysis and Decision Making, Communication and Influence, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Business Acumen.
- Candidates need to be dynamic, involved, hands-on, hardworking, capable of functioning under stress and willing to work shift work
- You have a strong desire to build, engage and lead teams; prior people leadership, manager experience preferred
- Bilingualism is a strong asset
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.