Procurement Category Manager; Secondary Capex & MRO
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Procurement Category Manager, Secondary CAPEX and MRO working in Toronto, you will be part of the Canadian Procurement Team Manager. In this role you will have an operational/supply risk focus and will be responsible for managing secondary capital projects and MRO/Spare parts categories of intermediate complexity within Canada, this will include using strategic sourcing principles such as spend analysis, RFx, reverse auctions, contract management, negotiations and supplier management.
This position reports to Tracey Wamboldt, Category Lead - Supply Chain Indirects and interacts closely with external vendors, contractors and internal supply chain and operations business partners.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects with an annualized spend responsibility of approximately $35+ million
- Managing regional and national categories of intermediate complexity. Leads all negotiations as related to these categories. Must understand business priorities and needs.
- Executes category strategy through local sourcing, buying and contract management. Owns contract compliance once agreement is signed.
- Managing regional and national suppliers, including scorecarding and actively monitoring KPI's. Responsible for delivering category results on a national level. Will be managing a large number of supplier relationships across multiple categories.
- Maintaining a cost savings target and cost avoidance targets as defined by the Category Lead.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with numerous stakeholders across the Canadian business unit including operations and technical services in all 5 Canadian Breweries.
- Managing stakeholders and the ability to business partner with senior level internal stakeholders aligning on company priorities and needs. Must also build relationships at lower levels of the organization as well.
- To provide information and operational support services to global procurement and to enable Category Managers are able to operate at optimum levels. This achieved by working closely with managers, actively seeking out business need requirements, building category supply market knowledge and being able to communicate such information in a timely and effective manner.
- To be actively involved in Procurement initiatives and projects, with the job holder supporting team efforts as well as achieving individual objectives. These will be varied in nature and may span across sourcing operations / supplier relationship management / transformational business change, specific supply markets or an actual supplier project.
- To be responsible for all negotiations and category management, along with supplier relationship management, ensuring supplier performance is continuously improved. Will also be responsible for gathering fact base and being the face of the supplier to internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for assessing and managing category risks and opportunities on a national basis
- Responsible for inputting category trends into annual AOP cycle
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills; including presenting complex information to varied audiences
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) designation / Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) - preferred
- High level of proficiency and systems experience with SAP, CMMS and Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Fully bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing and/or beverage industry is desirable
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.