Packaging Production Artist
A Career in Beer….
Founded in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is one of North America's oldest brewing companies, and we're also one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and have the hardware to prove it as recipients of 50 Most Engaged Workplaces and Canada Top Employers for Young People. We have a desire to win, but always in the right way. We're looking for smart, ambitious beer champions that want to jump right in and make a difference working in an innovative brand led company committed to brewing quality products.
We are looking for a passionate Packaging Production Artist on a 3 month contract-to-permanent basis.
The Packaging Artist is responsible for co-ordinating, designing art, adaptation, copy layout and production development of defined packaging materials.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials – referencing brand guidelines, supplied brief, stimulus. Then interprets that information a strong visual sense.
- If Creative is provided, adapt the hero and reference guidelines to produce extension elements for intended programs on appropriate templates.
- Balance design with production boundaries to deliver and communicate the requested message in various output formats. Present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Follows defined procedures ensuring all appropriate approvals are provided before release of final production files to appropriate output supplier.
Work Perks You Need to Know About...
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is part of the Canada's Top 100 Employers
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Opportunity to take part in industry-leading Beer Education. Our employees become Certified Beer Enthusiasts, and we offer an in-house training program that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to the things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and innovative open concept head office
- Participation in our Total Rewards program which includes; competitive base salary, incentive plans, annual merit review, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
The Other Qualifications...
- Post-Secondary degree, Graphic Design, Graphic Arts
- Self-direction, motivation, and time management skills are required.
- Graphic Design Skills (packaging experience a must), Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Production Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Rejection
- Additional skills a plus – 3D modeling, photography, HTML, motion graphics
- Works well independently and within a team environment for larger projects.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Demonstrates Molson Coors' Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.