Key Account Manager - Vancouver
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Key Account Manager (KAM) working in Vancouver you will be part of the Canadian Commercial Team. The person will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategies for a group of key on-premise customers. The KAM will be measured on their ability to deliver short term and long term sustainable profit and volume growth for Molson Coors while delivering against the specific needs of their customers.
This position reports to Darren Opsahl the West Region Key Accounts & On-Premise Channel Manager and works closely with the members of the Commercial team, leadership teams and has cross-functional touchpoints in many parts of the business. They also communicate and coordinate with field sales (and other departments) daily on where appropriate to execute customer/brand plans.
- Responsible for achieving sustainable share and profit growth (vis-a-vis managing the provincial contribution P&L), as per annual operating plan, and in alignment with Molson Coors Canada's First Choice ambition
- Through a First Choice Lens, build and support relationships with key customers, business partners, industry associations, government and suppliers to provide winning value and optimize go-to-market strategies and priorities
- Improve Molson Coors Canada's Point of Connection (POC) Execution quality by embedding and evolving Molson Coors Field Sales Management
- Maintain and develop strong customer relationships and customer matched contact list
- Ensure solid results management fundamentals including financial and volume forecasting, post-activity evaluation, and market opportunity identification and pursuit
The Other Qualifications:
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You are a skilled negotiator focused on the client; your constant curiosity fosters your innovative style and you can equally execute ideas given to you
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant field;
- You have 3-5 years of sales/marketing experience in a packaged goods or beverage alcohol industry, with 1-2 years' experience in handling key/national accounts.
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check (if locally applicable).
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.