A Career In Beer...
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a capable candidate for the position of Relief Industrial Electrician to support our Vancouver Brewery. The successful candidate must have the skills and certification to perform the required duties. Candidates must have their provincial TQ and red seal IP certification in electrical work.
This is a relief Industrial Electrician role, to backfill for vacations, be on call for absences and would be called in when extra manpower is required (shutdowns, projects, etc.) There will be 4-6 weeks of on-site training. Because this is a seasonal role, only partial benefits provided.
- General industrial electrical plant maintenance
- Complete work orders as requested on all plant electrical equipment.
- Perform common electrical installations and modifications, including conduit bending, cable install, electrical equipment mounting, industrial automation system installation and lighting system repair and installation.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, maintenance manuals, ladder diagrams, troubleshooting guides, PLC ladder and sequential function charts, control loop diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams, and preventative maintenance manuals.
- Test, troubleshooting, adjust and repair analog components, digital and logic circuits, microprocessor controlled devices, programmable logic and automation controllers, electronic process measurement systems, and electronic controllers.
- Effective and safe use of electrical test and recording equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, digital and analog control equipment and systems.
- Assist in the design of basic electrical control systems. Provide installation checks on design and report potential problems to the engineering department.
- Generate accurate and effective maintenance records, status reports, and data and maintenance logs. Effectively respond to oral and written requests.
- The candidate will adhere to all electrical principles and methods, proper us of tools and equipment, and safety procedures. This will include the safe and proper use of various hand and power tools, test meters and equipment.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of the Canada's Most Attractive Employers winning the Top Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The Other Qualifications:
- General PC troubleshooting and repair knowledge, including MS Windows software and common PC components
- Rockwell Automation hardware and software experience, including the PLC-5 and Logix PLC/PAC platforms
- General instrumentation knowledge and experience
- Batch processing experience, specifically in S88/S95 based batch control systems.
- Consumer goods packaging and/or brewing maintenance experience
- Brewing or packaging background is preferred
- Arc-flash and shock hazard awareness and knowledge, an asset
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- You demonstrate Molson Coors' Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers Since 1786
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.