Category Insights Manager
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Category Insights Manager – Customer Focus working in Toronto, Ontario you will be part of the Category Insights and Customer Solutions Team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and managing our Customer Experience/Net Promoter Score program as well as developing the Customer Insights toolbox for stakeholders across the organization.
This position reports to Senior Manager, Category Insights - Sarah England, and works closely with the Category Solutions team as well as other internal stakeholders and business partners in key functions such as Commercial Excellence, Consumer Insight, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Channel and Innovation.
This is an exciting role for Molson Coors, and as such is ideally suited to someone with a genuine passion for research and delivering great customer experiences. It is a broad ranging position, involving the management of projects from setup through to debrief; including managing research agency partners, development of the Customer Experience research plan, analysis of data and presentation of findings. As such, strong communication skills and a strong delivery focus are essential.
The successful candidate should be experienced in detailed planning and managing complex, multi-source research programmes and be used to presenting findings to a range of stakeholders including senior internal colleagues.
- Day to day management of the appropriate research partners to assist in developing Molson Coors' understanding of customer needs
- Analyze and report on research findings and data to develop business building insights that inspire action and support key business decisions
- Leading cross functional groups with both third party providers and internal colleagues to develop a tailored Customer Experience research programme utilising a variety of research and insight techniques as appropriate
- The role will include hypothesis testing, ROI modelling, customer trends, transactional and relationship surveying
- The successful candidate should be familiar with a range of consumer data sources and be able to bring together both continuous and ad-hoc customer research to provide actionable recommendations
- Be the internal expert in both On-Premise and Retail Customer and Channel Strategies
- Planning responsibilities to include annual insights planning based on stakeholder and business objectives and developing detailed project plans for commissioned research
- Stay abreast of consumer/shopper/retail trends – summarizing/reporting to keep stakeholders informed of external factors that affect their programs and plans
- You have minimum (3) years of experience either on the buyer or supplier side in the area of Market Research in or working with a Consumer Packaged Goods or preferably in the Beverage Alcohol Industry
- You have in-depth experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies as well as leveraging secondary and syndicated sources
- You have proven solutions-building insights experience
- You have proven ability to translate research into action – translating robust market research and data into compelling, non-academic story-telling/soundbites that drive and inform business decisions
- You have strong communication skills both oral and written – articulate, persuasive, succinct – that can be tailored for different stakeholders and audiences
- You are well-organized and able to meet timelines efficiently while managing priorities
- You are resourceful and creative – able to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges which inevitably arise
- You have attention to detail and have high standards for yourself and your work
- You are adept at building and managing relationships across stakeholder groups
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- You have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
As part of the interview process you will be expected to complete a short case study and provide examples of previous written work
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.