Assistant Manager, Social and Digital Marketing
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. If you get fired up to be a part of a winning team and want to enjoy a career in beer, we want to hear from you!
In the role of Assistant Manager, Social and Digital Marketing working in Toronto, Ontario you will be part of the Molson Coors Marketing Team. The role's primary accountability is to support the strategic planning and execution of Molson Coors' social and digital marketing initiatives to develop brand awareness, increase levels of engagement and drive purchase intent of Molson Coors' brands in Canada. The role will provide innovative thought leadership around social and digital communications, coordinate social marketing content production and execution, and oversee and act as the frontline voice for multiple brands such as Molson Canadian and Coors Light.
This position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager - Tonia Coletta, and works closely with multiple cross functional teams.
- Execute social community management responsibilities that include writing content briefs, creating and approving content and publishing to various online channels using Content Management Tools.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to support communication goals behind priority campaigns/initiatives, ensuring appropriate and consistent voice is used to cultivate strong community.
- Prioritize and publish communications while integrating with SEM and Media agency to ensure effective, orchestrated deployment of assets
- Develop and consult on cross functional social media marketing executions in partnership with national accounts, brand and sponsorship teams as well as creative, media and PR agencies.
- Coordinate integrated social customer care strategy and execution including crisis communications, key message development and risk assessment. Monitor and respond to conversations on social channels at the local Sales, National Brand and customer service levels.
- Enforce social media policies, guidelines, strategies and moderate content according to best practice and legal regulation.
- With social analyst support, establish key metrics to measure effectiveness of the digital communications/social media programs. Leverage performance data and metrics to optimize and improve content development.
- Create non-planned, reactive, real-time social content as required and provide thought leadership around social and digital marketing communications
- Financial accountability - Manage budgets and departmental spend. Includes vendor procurement and contract responsibilities for social/digital production, moderation, content management
The Other Qualifications:
- You are a motivated go-getter. You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors Success Factors
- You have a post-secondary education - preferably with journalism, public relations, or marketing focus
- You have minimum 3 year experience in digital community management
- You are bilingual - including strong written French - is an asset
- You have a solid understanding of popular and innovative social media networks and are able to communicate effectively (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- You are willing to work outside of core office hours
- You have a keen understanding of MCC and its brands is required. (Responding to customers with respect, personality and in the right tone requires excellent knowledge of broader strategies. Training and coaching will be provided on an ongoing basis via Social, Brand, Sales and Agency teams)
- You are driven to make informed decisions and strong problem solving skills
- Your digital analytical abilities including ability to understand marketing metrics
- You must be able to manage time effectively with an ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative team environment
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check (if locally applicable).
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- It's a career in beer!!!!
- Employee program focused on growth and opportunity for all employees.
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.