Assistant Category Solutions Manager
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Assistant Category Solutions Manager working in Toronto you will be part of the Brand Activation team. The person will provide support to the Category Solutions team in three key areas: high level analytics and data mining with the ability to problem solve and formulate solutions, planograming and assortment modeling including system / database maintenance, and support in the creation of internal and external category and shopper marketing based selling tools.
This position reports to Joao Donato the Senior Manager of Category Solutions and works closely with Sales and Brand Marketing teams.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Molson Coors customer base as it relates to their retail strategy (go-to-market, assortment and merchandising, promotional activities, competitive positioning, operational abilities, etc.) and other factors that may relate or influence their Category Management approach.
- Strong analytical and data mining ability, driving value-added insights in the realm of Category Management with specific focus on space and assortment management.
- Ability to problem solve and articulate potential solutions related to customer and category specific opportunities.
- Execution of planograming and assortment / SKU rationalization activities as well as maintaining the respective systems as required (image / SKU Spec database)
- Support the creation of Category Management based selling tools and processes for internal and external customers. For example, Category Selling stories, Gold Standard Planograms, etc.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We're one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As the world's family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Other Qualifications -
- Minimum undergraduate degree, preference for Marketing or Business related degree
- 3 - 5 years' experience working in an Analytical role
- 2 - 4 years' experience working in a Customer facing role
- 2 - 4 years advanced knowledge of a space planning tool (JDA preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience as a Category Analyst or Vendor Advisor working in the CPG industry an asset
- You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business and with external customers
Molson Coors: Building Careers in Beer
Molson Coors Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are dedicated to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Molson Coors Canada are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our employees are our greatest asset, we have accommodation process in place, by supporting our employee's ability to work effectively and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Molson Coors Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.