Co-op Student, Advisory Services
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to provide you with the coaching, mentoring and feedback required to launch your career.
Be part of the momentum. We are currently seeking a Co-op Student for our Advisory Services (Corporate Recovery, Corporate Finance, Valuations) team for a four-month term from September until December 2017. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Advisory Services team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in one (1) document.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and cash flows, business planning, feasibility studies, other forms of analyses and support functions
- Coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders consistent with engagement plans
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high quality professional reports, proposals and correspondence
- Support the delivery of high level client service to ensure client needs and requests on matters are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and MNP staff
- Provide support services to engagement teams
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major preferred)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Previous work experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment is an asset
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
Our Firm encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers competitive pay that suits the way our team members work and play!
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.