HR Administrative Services Intern
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op
Starting Date: February 2017
Placement Duration: 8 months; possibility of extending to 12 months.
Number of positions: 1
Our Company: Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working out of two offices. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. More than 8,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to 50,000 plus customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Sprinter.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mbfs.ca
As the HR Administrative Services Intern, you can get on track and aim high with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS) Canada Corporation. The HR Administrative Services Intern will provide support services to the Human Resources & Administrative Services Department including but not limited to responsibilities for procurement and invoice processing, assisting with facility reconfigurations and office event coordination as well as providing back-up responsibilities to human resources, company car administrative and reception functions.
- Support the HR Recruitment & Training & Administrative Services Department with human resources and facilities planning including administrative duties and the reconfiguration of office space projects.
- Work with Corporate Communications to organize conferences, town hall meetings and events.
- Assist the Human Resources in daily administrative activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, Recruiting & Selection projects, Training & Development, Onboarding, Accounts Payable, and Policy development
- Manage office supplies, maintenance and parts inventory including office furniture, equipment and cafeteria supplies.
- Coordinate and facilitate the maintenance of MBFS Canada executive company and pool cars.
- Coordinate with vendors and schedule appointments for maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Act as the back-up to the Company Car Administrator, human resources and reception functions.
- Liaise with Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA to coordinate and participate in the implementation of the Business Resumption Plan.
- Complete ad hoc duties and projects as assigned.
- Pursuing undergraduate degree or post-secondary education in Business or Operations Management.
- Previous HR work experience in an office setting will be an asset.
- Able to use active listening skills, as well as, excellent verbal and written communication skills to achieve results.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driven and motivated by a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn and be challenged by continual professional development.
- Thrive on cooperation and collaboration within a team as an enthusiastic individual contributor.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift items up to 20lbs.
Professional and Performance Skills:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trust
- Problem Solving
- Time Management/Priority Setting
We offer a customer and employee-focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, and collaborative environment.
How to apply: Please visit our website and apply online.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.