Business Analyst Intern
Location: Canada – 2680 Matheson Blvd, Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Starting Date: July 2017
Placement Duration: 12 months
Doing business as Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation has over 100 trained professionals working from two locations, Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation supports the sales efforts of Daimler products in Canada by offering premier passenger car and commercial vehicle financial services to its retail customers and dealer network.
Our vision is simple yet ambitious: to be the first choice provider of financial services for our dealers and customers in close partnership with the automotive brands. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services provides exceptional service to over 100,000 customers who choose from an array of purchase and lease options for the full range of renowned Mercedes-Benz vehicles including smart and Mercedes-Benz Vans. More than 15,000 customers in Canada enjoy the benefits of leasing and financing their commercial vehicle products including those from Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Thomas Bus via Daimler Truck Financial.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is committed to building a team that is talented, passionate and empowered. We strongly encourage the professional growth and development of our employees. For more information, visit www.mercedes-benz.ca/mbfs.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the Company with data analysis and reporting, as well as user acceptance & data validation testing within the Operations Departments. This position will be required to interact with key users to support the analysis and reporting needs within Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
- Create reports based on internal customers’ requirements by extracting information from the data warehouse.
- Run and review daily, weekly and monthly manual and system generated reports and scorecards for accuracy, trend development and enhancement opportunities as required.
- Perform user acceptance test cases including data entry, scenario generation & results validation
- Support regular stakeholder forums to assess new customers' enhancements request and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis based on the requests.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college program OR
- Has not exceeded the 1 year anniversary of the university or college graduation date.
- Pursuing or recently completed undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.
- 1-2 years’ work experience, preferably in an office setting
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence tools coding (especially SQL and VBA scripting) is critical for the role.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, develop and execute multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient in using MS Office programs (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Comfortable with data applications and able to learn new software applications quickly. Detail oriented, organized, innovative and has the ability to develop and convey creative ideas.
- Excellent relationship management, verbal and written communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Communicating Effectively
We offer customer and employeeâ€focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 6th best place to work in Canada in the Large and Multinational category for 2016.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation